Sunday, January 8, 2012

Where Is the Love?


This year January 9th will be Halloween part 1. I am going to don a happy mask and pretend to be somebody else.
Tomorrow, I will be returning to work after a three week holiday break.
Usually at this point I am excited to see my students and begin a new semester. I can't wait to see how many have lost teeth, grown taller, are more capable, and are eager to learn.
This year I can't muster that enthusiasm. I should be completing my lesson plans and entering my test scores into a database, but I am paralyzed by fear.
If you've read my blog before, you know that I love teaching. While it wasn't the job I ever imagined that I would want, I have loved being a teacher. I am even hopeful that I will love teaching again...
But what will I do about tomorrow?

No comments:

Post a Comment