Sunday, March 4, 2012

A Whole New World

Tomorrow, I begin a new adventure. After 17 years at my old school, I begin teaching kindergarten in different school.
Friday, was my last day and after hugging my students goodbye, I brought them to the dismissal gate where I hugged their parents goodbye. I had a good cry because this has been my family and my home.
Afterwards, I got in my car and went to meet my new boss. I think we are going to get along very well because we share similar views about how to best serve our students and about encouraging healthy eating habits.
But, I am still very nervous about this adventure. After being second guessed and derided for a considerable time, I have begun second guessing myself. Even as I am told by colleagues and parents that I am a terrific teacher and even as I read that the effective strategies to be implemented are none other than those I have been using for most of my career, I question my ability.
Well, time I suppose to get some tea and relax before the next chapter begins.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Katje, we have just learned that our son, Noah, qualifies for TK this year under the LAUSD program. Our home school would be Grandview, based on our address. I learned from the office that you would likely be his teacher and I've been reading everything I can from you and about you! Your writing is terrific. Wondered if you might have a minute to chat or email. My email is angekur at gmail.com if you wouldn't mind reaching out to me. Thanks, and enjoy the rest of your summer! Angela

    ReplyDelete